Friday, August 5, 2011

Trying a few new ones!

Well I finally got a new job. I loved where I currently work, but it is time for me to move on. I need to make good on my incredibly expensive degree. I'm really excited to be working in a manufacturing setting again.

That being said, I have been celebrating this week with some new blends from the IPCPR trade show. The first one I tried out was called "My Uzi Weighs A Ton." Its the newest creation from Jonathan Drew and Joya de Nicaragua. This thing was a massive 5 x 60 beast. This is the smallest in the line. I have to say that this thing really caught me by surprise. I absolutely loved it. Draw was nice. When I first lit it up an amazing flavor hit me with some very very slight sweet notes. But it was not strong at all. I was expecting a swift kick in the face. Did not get that at all. So I thought at least. Here I was smoking away and got to about half way down when I realized that my hands were starting to sweat. I was sitting in the air-conditioned lounge thinking to myself "man is it getting warm in here?" I started to get the sweats, so I decided to get up and walk around. Not the best of ideas. This thing is totally kicking my ass. So much that one of my co-workers comes out and tells me I look like crap. It ramped up quickly. I was amazed. I consider myself to be a full strength smoker, and this was the first cigar to get a reaction like this. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda liked it. The cigar had sneaked up on me.

I also went camping over the weekend and got to smoke two cigars by a fire. Is there really anything better than smoking a nice cigar in front of a campfire? I smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003. It was like the other vintages. Great construction, nice prelit aroma, and remarkably under whelming. Don't get me wrong, its a decent cigar, just not my cup of tea. I think I would have to try it again sometime to really give a good review of it. It just seemed like it was very similar to everything else done by Rocky.

The other cigar that I had on the camping trip was given to me by my good friend Mike Uhren. Mike is an extremely talented artist that speciallizes in cigar art. His website is http://www.mikeuhren.com. Please check it out. Well back to the cigar. He gave me a Liga Privada MF-13. All I have to say is WOW! This stick was amazing. Take the #9 and smooth it out even more, and you have the MF-13. When these come out I will do everything I can to hoard these. The flavors are amazing. The burn was laser tight. Its another one that builds in strength and has complex transitions of flavor. If you are lucky enough to have one of these right now, smoke it. You will not be disappointed.

There are a few others that I tried but I will save those for another time. The Casa Fernandez Aganorsa leaf was really nice. The 601 La Bomba was incredibly strong. The newest CAO was one that I will be seeking out.

So Please tell me what you think. Leave comments and as always:

Smoke a good one!

Andy aka AGCtribefan

No comments:

Post a Comment