Monday, November 9, 2009

Review: Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias

First off let me apologize for the quality of the images. My camera was giving me problems this evening.

Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias

Size: 6 X38
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Prelit:
This cigar had the aroma of nice rich tobacco that was pleasant on my senses. There were some slight hints of leather. The construction was flawless. It was firm to the touch. There were no large veins in the wrapper leaf. It was smooth to the touch. Not oily at all, but was not toothy either. I cut this cigar with my Palio cutter. The initial draw was nice, with no signs of being plugged. I got a definite taste of leather on the initial draw.


1st 3rd:

The strength seemed to be medium to medium full. Right off the bat there wasn't a lot of spice. Leather is still the prominent flavor with a slight nuttiness. There wasn't a huge amount of smoke, but just enough to not make you worry. The burn did start to canoe a little bit, but not to the point that it need a touch up. The initial ash lasted for about 1 inch which is probably due to the small ring gauge. The ash was a nice light grey color. There was a lasting sweetness on my tongue so far.


2nd 3rd:


The burn quickly corrected itself. A peppery spice has become a little more prevalent. The sweet finish has also picked up. There is still a lot of leather flavor. The nuttiness that was there before has now switch to a slight toast flavor. This cigar is very smooth and not harsh at all so far. There still is not a lot of smoke.
Final 3rd:


The smoke finally has picked up. But the burn has started to canoe again. Its worse than before, but since I was almost done I did not do a touch up. The spice has mellowed a bit. Leather flavor is still there. It began to burn a little hot, but not to the point that it was distracting. The sweet finish is still there as well.
Overall Impression:
This cigar had great flavor and the construction was amazing. Yet it is not as complex as some of the other sizes I have had before in this line. Maybe I just prefer the larger ring gauges. But overall this was still a very enjoyable cigar. Well worthy of being my first official review on this blog.
Score:
Construction: 19/20
Flavor: 35/40
appearance: 10/10
Draw: 8/10
Burn: 8/10
Complexity: 7/10
total 87/100

No comments:

Post a Comment