Friday, July 15, 2011

What a great night!

I started off last night with a softball game. Our team has been kinda down lately, especially after a we got 4 hit last week. So this week we had to turn it around. An boy did we. Everyone was hitting. I went 4-5 with a 3b, 2b, and two singles. Easily should have been 3 triples but we did not want to run up the score. We won the game 22-13. It was a good win and I was happy.

So after I decided sit out side on the patio with a beer, my book, and a nice cigar. After having that great cigar the day before I was hoping to keep thing on a roll. So I grabbed a Panacea Red 560 (again thanks to Brett). I grabbed a bud Light Lime and my book. i know what you are think "Yuck, Bud Light Lime!" I just happen to like it. I walk outside and it is just absolutely gorgeous out. Big bright moon, roughly 75 degrees out, just perfect. And to top it off, one of the restaurants across the street had a band outside on their patio that was just playing some nice mellow music.

Now to the cigar. The Panacea Red started off not at all how I expected it to. Just by looking at it, it had a nice dark toothy wrapper. But when I lit it, all I could taste is a weird sweet taste. It was hard to explain. The flavor did change from beginning to end. At about the half way point the sweetness was gone and a good rich leathery taste became the most prevalent flavor. The burn was probably the sharpest burn I have ever seen. And the ash was one of the firmest i have ever seen. I didn't try for a long ash, but I could have seen this thing lasting for at least 3 inches. It was actually hard to knock off. Overall this cigar started off a little weird, but finished with a bang. The construction was one of the best I have ever seen. I could definitely see myself trying this again. I wonder if the sweetness was just an anomaly.

The combination of the crazy moon, the drink, the good cigar, good music, and my book (Game of Thrones) made this just a wonderful evening. I hope to have many more like this.

Smoke a good one,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment